Are new Hitachi Excavators sold in the US? Someone told me you can buy them from the john deere dealers. This seems backwards as obviously the John Deere dealer is going to try and sell you a Deere. :beatsme
The deeres are hitachis. Same machine.
No idea about the smaller models but the larger Hitachis are sold via Deere dealers painted orange with Hitachi writ in big letters all over them .........
Yes, there are Hitachi dealers all across the United States. Excavators, trucks,& forestry equipment are sold here through authorized Hitachi dealers.
They drew the line at construction sized machines and mining machines. Deere sells the construction sized units.
It really depends on where you are located. Here in Texas, one of the nation'd biggest J.D. construction equipment dealers does not sell Hitachi. All Hitachi construction and mining products are instead, sold through the Volvo dealer, who has multiple locations throughout Texas. I am guessing it depends on what part of the country you are in. Many places, J.D. dealers sell Hitachi, but in other places, that is not the case.
Yes that is true about Volvo dealers having Hitachi. I think that came about from the rigid fraame truck deal between Hitachi and Volvo. I know Volvo owns the Terex line. But a while back Hitachi trucks were rebranded Euclid haulers when Volvo went to VME. Volvo - Michigan - Euclid. If your local deere dealer is RDO, here in Az. they are both Deere and Hitachi dealers and Arnold is the mining division dealer.
We buy most of our Excavators from Pape' Machinery which is a Deere/Hitachi dealer. They were previously Smith Tractor and Equip which was only a Deere dealer since Totem Equip was the Local HCM dealer. When Totem went under Pape' (Smith) Started selling both. We buy JD dozers/loaders and Hitachi excavators.
Are the Hitachi excavators popular in your local areas? Here in Southern Ontario (toronto area) they certainly are!
I think the Deere out sells Hitachi close to 2:1 around here but as a whole Pape' Machinery has a pretty huge market share in the PNW. I know we sure love our Hitachi's, can't beat the Isuzu engines. We've tried Cat and Komatsu but always come back to the orange.
Our JD dealer sells Hitachi - mining, construction and forestry. Hitachi is not very popular in my area. Cat, Komatsu and Kobelco are the 3 largest it seems by what's working in the field.
my local nortrax john deere dealer sells hitachi they also sell bomag morbark eager beaver and a bunch of other stuff i think it depends on the individual dealer
Flint in SC sells deere and Hitachi. There are a lot of Deere dozers, a lot of Deere backhoes, a few Deere excavators, and I think I saw a Hitachi once.
I had one of the branch managers from Wajax (Hitachi dealer in BC) tell me that in Canada Hitachi outsells Deere 2:1, in the states Deere outsells Hitachi by either 3:1 or 4:1, can't remember for sure. This is in construction sized machines, something like a 450D size. Funny because they are both the same machine, just rebranded. I have found personally that Deere (Brant Tractor here) has a better network then Wajax. All the forestry machines from both Deere and Hitachi built in BC come out of the same plant. As for which one is more popular here on the island, used to be Hitachi with a few deere's, now I think it is just a case of personal preference as to which dealer you like:beatsme Deere, Hitachi, doesn't really matter as long as it isn't a CAT. I used to bleed yellow, but not anymore. Junk. But that is just me
The reason I am asking is because there was an article on excavator market share in the last diesel progress magazine. However Hitachi wasn't mentioned. Unless I misread it.
Same machine, different logo!
For the most part yes but the Isuzu engines in the Hitachi's seem to be quieter, more fuel efficient, and have a smoother torque curve than the Deere counterparts.
That's because there are subtle differences between a deere and Hitachi. For example the software (although compatible with one another) is different even in equivalent sized machines.
I was told they are the same machine. I heard that Deer went to china and brought a chinese excavator factory well 50% of the factory and they where going to start building out of there to try and get away from there hitachi partnership but i also heard it all went pear shaped. but i know in australia that it is rare as hens teeth to see a Deer excavator.