Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi/John deere quick coupler interchange between years

psu927 ยท 2020-08-22 19:21

Guys I have a hitachi zx50u and I have a few specific questions. the quick coupler needs a bit of work, (round bucket engagement ears worn and rear wedge area cracked) I may have it repaired but i want to look for a good used one. I know the machine is the same as a Deere 50zts, does anyone know if the coupler from the deere 50d, or deere 50g will interchange? How about a deere 60? Also, I am looking into replacing some pins and bushings. I have almost everything apart, my question is, what is the correct amount of air gap between a pin and bushing? I want to do the swing post, and the pins are definitely worn. I cant tell if the bushings are worn or not though. Any advice will be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Bls repair2020-08-22 20:57

    If you can see pin moving back and forth then you probably need new bushings only way to be 100% sure is take it apart and measure it

  2. #2psu9272020-08-22 21:00

    Hard to tell because the pins are so worn. I don't mind replacing the boom bushings, however the swing tower bushings look like they may be hard to remove. I have the pins out and the swing tower separated from the excavator frame. The large swing tower pins are definitely worn

  3. #3Bls repair2020-08-22 21:55

    If pins are worn that bad bushings have to be worn . Call dealer and get specs for pins. and bushings . Measure bore with set of these if you want