Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi Locking

Bilge Rat ยท 2022-09-15 12:00

Helping friend with Hitachi EX120-2.. They just bought and it only operates as a bachhoe.. Purchase a manual and see it has a locking valve that controls pilot pressure.. They have moved lever on valve with no change, shaft is turning.. Any ideas on why it will not work as excavator. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-15 12:37

    So, wish to change the control pattern from BHL to SAE? You say shaft is turning, but, are the innards actually turning, or, could the shaft be damaged where it interfaces with the internal valve plate?

  2. #2skyking12022-09-15 12:58

    I didn't think the dash twos could be switched that easily, maybe I am mistaken.

  3. #3Bilge Rat2022-09-15 13:10

    I have not visited machine to physically break lines to check pressure, was hoping someone could enlighten me on valve, as book does not go into detail. Thanks for replys