Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ecr88

Senad ยท 2022-09-15 17:35

Hello. my volvo ecr88, has a hydraulic problem. a new hydraulic pump was inserted. the engine has 9000 hours but works well. the engine does not have any smoke. when I pull the basket on the excavator, it goes slowly. it happens until I unload with another function. while running in slow motion, the engine throttles down and starts to heat up. after 1 hour it completely loses its function. pump pressures are good. when connected to the computer it does not show any errors.

Replies17
  1. #1uffex2022-09-16 11:59

    Good day Background why was the pump replaced - has the pump pressures been altered or checked. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Senad2022-09-16 12:44

    the old pump had a strange sound but good pressure. the authorized service center said that the problem was the pump. now that it has been replaced, they say that the problem is the hydraulic distributor.

  3. #3uffex2022-09-16 12:47

    Good day If the issue only surfaced when the pump was replaced suggests it may be wrongly adjusted, I assume the hydraulic distributor meaning the main valve block ? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Senad2022-09-16 12:56

    Yes. The problem is present with the new hydraulic pump as well as the old one

  5. #5uffex2022-09-16 14:43

    Good day Do you have hydraulic experience enough to follow the pressure setting of a load sensing system? Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Senad2022-09-16 15:00

    I have no experience

  7. #7uffex2022-09-17 04:10

    Good day To adjust a load sensing system with no experience or equipment is pretty much a none starter, I know you are convinced the engine is good however may I suggest you are not the first to go down the avenue of hydraulics. I have made the point before of the forum hydraulics are not self adjusting, either function correctly of beak down. You have a machine with a considerable number of hours have you checked when the injectors and fuel pump last serviced, modern engines work with much higher pressures and smaller tolerances so it is important. The turbo pressure has that been measured or even checked out. Has the compression been checked, with no equipment you can use a standard compressor - remove the injector adapt the pressure line and measure the pressure in each cylinder with the valves closed. You can hear leakage past the valves. If the pressure goes quickly put some oil down the pot this will tell you how good the piston liners are.Just because the engine loads without smoke does not mean it is giving the full power. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8Senad2022-09-17 09:23

    the engine does not have a turbo. Lifts on the engine and bosch pump have been checked and are working. when the excavator is running in reverse, every hydraulic function shuts it down without any load. Is there a possibility that the problem is caused by an electromagnet?

  9. #9uffex2022-09-17 11:14

    Good day Senad if I may recap, what the issue is -when tracking, is the machine ok ? - Your reference to the basket, do you mean the bucket ? When the issue occurs is when you are operating the arm cylinder pulling the bucket towards the cabin ? Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10uffex2022-09-17 12:45

    Good day Please see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Senad2022-09-17 16:03

    when he pulls the bucket towards him, it is most noticeable that he has no power. on all other functions, when working with minimal gas, the excavator turns off

  12. #12Senad2022-09-17 16:05

    "Bucket fill cylinder in cylinder out"

  13. #13uffex2022-09-18 04:28

    Good day May I just chck I am understanding the problem which has two issues, 1/ No power when filling the bucket 2/ Using any function at low revolutions kill the engine. Is that correct? Kind regards Uffex

  14. #14Senad2022-09-18 04:35

    Yes

  15. #15uffex2022-09-18 11:46

    Good day Senad I have checked your machine has no electrical device's within the bucket circuit, as the remaining functions are performing correctly we can isolate the issue to that of the bucket circuit. I suggest we focus on this and resolve the engine cutting out as a secondary task. Please see the attached information. Kind regards Uffex

  16. #16Stepo2024-09-18 14:53

    Vas this a solution? I have the same problem

  17. #17mikeylikesit2024-09-24 19:07

    Can you tell me what the red blinking light on the vecu is ? It is flashing a code when i turn the ignition on