Hi All, I have Hitachi LX70-2 with Weak Travel problem. Anybody here has good experience about this problem?
What is the problem? Weak 1 side or both sides? Is the LX70-2 electric over hydraulic control? Are there solenoids (coils) on the hydraulic control valve? Are any other functions effected? Anything else that seems slow?
only the travel force. yes its electric over hydraulic control. yes there are solenoids on the hydraulic control valve. the only function affected is the travel.
So both sides are weak. Are they weak in forward and reverse-both directions? How many hours on this machine? Did this happen all of a sudden? One day it was good and then the next day it was not good? Do you know how the pilot control is configured? Does the pilot control work with oil or is it electrically operated? If it happened all of a sudden I think you would be looking at oil circuit leakage that is consistent with both sides. The one part that I can see that may effect both sides is the oil sealing rings inside the hydraulic swivel manifold. Not sure on the smaller excavators but larger ones had a hydraulic swivel located to the RH side of the cab. It will have multiple hoses connected to it. I have had numerous swivel manifolds apart and damged o-rings internally is not uncommon. Worn metal parts inside the manifold can also be common. If the pilot control is electrical it could be as simple as a calibration or maybe the function of the pilot joystick. Just throwing some thoughts out there.
I'm sorry. From the model number I was thinking this machine was a small excavator. I now realize it is a wheel loader. Sorry. Travel is weak in both directions. In all speeds? For and Rev?
travel is already weak when I acquire the machine. machine hours is 2t plus only. pilot control work with hydraulic oil. travel control via solenoid. the transmission setup of this machine is like a mixer truck/wheel type excavator the transmission is driven by a hydraulic motor and the hydraulic motor is driven by the main pump which is piston type. I was able to measure the pilot gear pump pressure and its only giving 300 psi pressure. and its too low. i removed and dismantle the gear pump and the gear bushing has a worn in it. im now waiting for the gear pump replacement. will keep you posted.
LX70 Weak Travel I have a LX70 with weak travel in both directions all other Hyd functions are fine.
Did you solve the problem? Mine is doing the same and the dealer was no help. It feels like only forwards low, which does not make sense, as the trans does hi/lol and the hydraulic motor does forward/reverse.