Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

966 F brake replacement

Jonas302 ยท 2015-08-18 18:33

966f ser 4yg00660 Need to put brake pads seals ect in front end does anyone have service manual information or tips for this job any special tools required? Thanks in advance Jonas

Replies6
  1. #1kshansen2015-08-18 22:22

    It's late so to make this brief you do know that model has the inboard brakes right? First step to work on the brakes is to remove axle from loader then split the ends of axles off the differential housing!

  2. #2Jonas3022015-08-18 22:50

    Thanks for the reply Yes I knew it had inboards I was afraid that axle removal was the the first move trying to think of the best way to get blocked up and out of there will have to look at more in the morning

  3. #3Mobiltech2015-08-19 00:00

    First remove the 2 long bleed screws in the top of the axle so you don't break them off. Block the machine on the front frame behind the axle where it is close to the ground. You can lift it with the bucket. Then remove the wheels and drop the axle down and out one side. The other method is to leave the tires on and roll it out the front but I find it easier to get rid of the wheels first.

  4. #4Nige2015-08-19 04:09

    If you want an extract from the Service Manual for the R&I of the front axle and the D&A procedure for the brakes send me a PM with your email address.

  5. #5Rajbir Lorriet2015-08-19 07:42

    I also want the service manual for this. Can you provide me this?

  6. #6Nige2015-08-19 13:40

    I wasn't offering the OP a complete Service Manual, just the pages referring to the procedure to disassemble and reassemble the brakes. For a complete Service Manual in paper form you need to be looking at somewhere like eBay. Here's an example ........ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpillar...vice-Manual-/311421964643?hash=item4882321163 or this one ............ http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAT-Caterpi...vice-Manual-/380720551153?hash=item58a4b694f1