Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi Paint

KES2020 · 2024-02-14 10:47

Where is the best place to buy quality Hitachi orange paint - my zx75 needs a cleanup

Replies5
  1. #1excavator2024-02-14 12:26

    Deere used to sell it, not sure if they still do. Otherwise Wajax should have it.

  2. #2IceHole2024-02-14 14:40

    I tried that. Deere here only sells small tractors, Bobcats and Dooslan junk. I had NAPA or Carquest mix some off a sample.

  3. #3Syleng12024-02-22 21:37

    I just bought two quarts of “taxi cab yellow” that’s what Hitachi calls their orange paint. $75 for two quarts from John Deere construction dealer, but I’ve got to tell you… it’s really good stuff. I add a little bit of the oil based hardner from tractor supply and it dries rock hard in short time.

  4. #492U 34062024-02-22 23:55

    The rattle can paint used to fade to yellow really quick. I don't think the paint in the quart tins does.

  5. #5Syleng12024-02-23 08:46

    Use this part number on the cam for the JD deere dealer. They will order it in for you. SN: it was $49 per quart. I checked the invoice when I got into my shop. Yikes! But it wears like iron. Use red primer underneath and you need only 2 coats with a brush or roller. I’ve thinned this stuff to spray it and 3 coats over red primer that way. Comes out factory fresh.