I got this machine with some land i purchased and was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and the context of the machine. Is it a good model? is it valuable? anything of note for the year make or model etc Thanks! It's a Komatsu 2012 with about 5500 hours on it. It has growzers and a thumb. Model pc220lc
You got a low hour 2012 PC220LC excavator thrown in on a property purchase? Go buy a lottery ticket right away. Usually derelict machines are left behind, not machines ready to go to a jobsite. That machine is worth tens of thousands of $$$$$$.
SCORE!!!
Welcome to the Forums excnoob! Glad to have you. Well that was a loaded first post. We are going to need more info on the machine starting with is it operational? Any pics?
I'd bet that one has more than 5500 hours.
Looks pretty good but I think it's odd the seat is ripped open at 5300 hours.
Nice. Easco cleanup bucket, CWS progressive thumb. That is an odd track setup. I wonder if that is some sort of bolt on grouser kit? Does it have any other buckets with it?
Looks like a lot of peat moss type soil. Maybe the odd grousers help with traction on soft underfoot conditions?
Continue your luck. I am sending you the operation & maintenance manual for that machine as a gift from the forum for new members. Click here to down load: Komatsu PC220LC-8 Operation & Maintenance Manual
I have seen these grouser attachments for sale on the internet. They bolt on the tracks and give you somewhat of a single grouser type capability on triple grousers and they make them for rubber tracks. Looks like you got a nice gift with the land purchase. Beats the heck out of the typical 1981 Chevy Citation full of clothes and a dead cat. Not sure why someone would do that unless they were just happy to sell the property and didn't want to mess with selling the ex separate.
Might want to check to make sure the excavator was part of the property deal. That's a heck of a freebie.
It looks good not abused and Komatsu makes a good machine . But at 5000 hours something will be broke and that's probably why it comes with the property . 5000 is the magic number for Komatsu and that simple part will be stupid expensive to replace .
Komatsu seats are ****. Mine has 3500 hours and the seat cover is shot. I've been looking at 320 loaders and unless they have a new seat, they're all shot.
Have you tried moving it yet? I don't see any icons lit in the top left corner. Unless you had it running and the safety off when you took the pic of the display. Looks suspicious.
Does it crank? Do the hydraulics work? Will it travel back and forth? Any warning lights? What do the fluids and filters look like?
High quality bucket & thumb for sure! CWS is top quality stuff, used here for years in the logging industry etc.
A lot of contractors prefer Komatsu excavators. I don't know any details of the property deal but I doubt there's much wrong with the machine with only 5300 hours. A former neighbor who does demolition uses only Komatsu excavators and has at least 8 of them up to a 750. Mostly 300's and 400's. The Komatsu dealer had a story about the business in their magazine. One of the 1st machines before he got really big was a used 300 and he figured it had 30,000 hours on it when it was retired. After that they went exclusive Komatsu.