Since deere and hitachi split, where will a person get parts in the future? Been looking at buying a Hitachi hoe but no just hitachi dealers anywhere.
You can search here: Dealer Locator (hitachiconstruction.com)
Are you buying a current model? The Hitachi are identical to deere except engine, so you could just get parts at deere.
As skata said I believe you will still be able to get parts for current model machines from your Deere dealer. We were told we would continue to have parts access. For the most part the machines are the same. Deere has formed a direct relationship with Isuzu for engines and parts. Mini’s, zero tail swing machines, and the 670/870 will continue to come from Japan for the time being as far as I know but I’m sure that will change eventually also. I work for a Deere dealer and we were told the hitachi’s would become a competing product most likely being dealt by whoever the hitachi wheel loader dealer is in your area. Otherwise in a few places I know of the Volvo construction dealers also deal hitachi so your Volvo dealer could also take over hitachi. The split isn’t official for 2 more years, and when it all happens Deere will keep supporting parts or hitachi will have their new dealer network ready. Personally it would not shy me away from buying a hitachi. Bulletproof machines. I’m more scared to see what Deere releases to replace them, but who knows it worked out ok for them with the dozers, track loaders, and ADT’s.
Is this referring to Isuzu engines in Deere products in the future, or support of existing Isuzu engines in Hitachi machines supported by Deere?
https://www.deere.com/en/our-compan.../2021/construction/2021aug19-CF-announcement/
I believe both. Support for machines that currently use them and also the zero tail swing and production class machines that will continue to use them for the time being
Isuzu has a dealership in Portland the last I knew. None of the dealers would purchase the tools to diagnose the electronics packages so Hamilton Engine seemed to do most of the warranty work on any of them. If that is changed, I'd like to know.
As far as Deere excavators, we have Isuzu IDSS tool for accessing Isuzu's software for diagnostics. We can also get the parts through the Deere parts system for the Isuzu engines in our products. As far as the Yanmar in the smaller products, we can just use Deere's Service Advisor program for diagnostics. Parts for those are also through the Deere parts system. We in the shop have not been informed as to what arrangements have been made with Hitachi for service after the February 2022 split. All I know is that there is an agreement with Hitachi for components to build the Deere branded excavators and the parts to support them. The important bullet points from the Deere announcement are below.
little off topic but don't want to start a new thread. if any body is looking for CNH case/fiat bearing part number 61319946 it is unavailable. It crosses to a SKF 3306 A-2RS1/C3 also, a CNH bearing part number 823902730 Crosses to a SKF BAH-0012AD hopefully that helps someone out there on the google machine trying to find these.