Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi slew brake

y2kf ยท 2024-03-06 18:19

The ex 135 has a poor slew brake,it does come on but will not hold machine on any incline,counterweight will pull it around, even tracking along you have too keep correcting it,it wonders from side too side depending on ground, I checked the brake discs 2 years ago but all good,what next,is the plungers and plate in slew worn causing this.

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2024-03-07 07:26

    Good day Your post suggests that the pressure holding the brake is insufficient, I suggest it may be resolved by increasing the spring pressure or adding another brake disc, could be tricky. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Markfitterirl2024-03-29 16:43

    It could be barrel and valve plate in the motor or brake spring broken. You will have to open the slew motor either way.

  3. #3y2kf2024-03-29 18:45

    I had it open a year ago and didn't see anything wrong,the valve plate had a few light scratches in it,if the plate is worn would it cause these symptoms

  4. #4Markfitterirl2024-03-29 18:56

    I have seen plates that look prefect but would be causing the same issue..new barrell and valve plate nearly always cures it..very common problem on the zx130 slew motors

  5. #5y2kf2024-03-29 20:36

    Which bit is the barrell,is it called the rotor too with all the wee pistons in it too,would I have too get them too