Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case/New Holland Mini Ex Bad Gauge Cluster Question

sbarshie · 2024-03-06 12:50

Hi, new here and I recently purchased a Case CX33C. It’s a nice little machine with less than 1,000hrs. The problem is the buttons on the gauge cluster cracked letting water in, ruining the cluster. This cluster is all encompassing fuel/temp/hrs everything and it leaves me with No engine info. My problem is this gauge set has been discontinued and the replacement is almost $3,000 after tax. Now my question is since this is actually a Hyundai machine that’s rebranded for Case/New Holland and Doosan can I use a different gauge set from a New Holland E26-50c or from a bigger Case or even a Hyundai machine they are all identical physically?? The bigger machines have more indicator lights like AC but the printed circuit boards are identical just with more or less indicator lights soldiered in. Mines a 2017 and it seems only the 33 series machines have been replaced with the new part number replacement circuit board. I can get the bigger machines boards for significantly less money but I don’t know if the machine will run since even though the display is bad it won’t run without it. Attached is a pic of the various gauge cluster showing some of the differences. Help save me money please!

Replies3
  1. #1Libertyutilities202024-03-25 19:22

    I am having the same issue but the only difference is ours is have electrical problems with the ignition And the mechanic seems to think this is our issue. Have you tried the other clusters or have you gotten anymore information on this issue ?

  2. #2SheldonZ282024-03-26 08:41

    Be careful that visual look of the board does not tell the whole story. The board is getting data communicated to it from the control module, and one that is intended to hear/show more information may not function properly with missing info. Basically, board may look the same, but different chipsets. May be worth a shot if you can get one cheap, and it may work fine, but might spend more money trying not to spend other money. Very likely the same series of machines will use the same display. My Case 9010B is a Sumitomo SH120, and parts for that machine are easier to find, so when I rebuild the instrument panel on my machine, I sourced display components for the SH120 as searching for the Case led me to nothing.

  3. #3sbarshie2024-03-27 19:10

    That was my concern that some canbus communication issue would show up and the machine won’t start. I don’t care if all the idiot light functions don’t work but having a temp, fuel and hour meter would be nice. If anyone knows about these Case/New Holland mfg by Hyundai it’s a help. Thanks