I've got an EX120-2 and today it started to overload the motor. I swapped the pump displacement solenoid valves (read about it on this great site). After the swap the machine went super slow. then I scrounged a part number 9147260. On Ebay I found the valve for $100 plus $60 for shipping. But it takes a month for delivery. So I called my local deere dealer (Stribling) ready to go as high as $250 to get the part quickly. First they told me $709 eventually though I talked them all the way down to $579. Well thanks but no thanks! Does Deere gouge everybody this way? Do I have alternatives?
The one's on E-BAY are from China or Tiawan ect, that's why they take so long to get. And then you really have no idea if they're going to work or not and if they don't, you have no way to get your money back. I agree, it is tempting but you get what you pay for. I would not say that Deere is "gouging" you with the price. Prices have increased significantly in the last while, no matter where you look.
Yeah gouge was too harsh. Anyway I disassembled the valve and pulled stands of wire screen out of some ports.
Parts prices have increased significantly in last few years, but I wouldn't attribute it to gouging, a concept that I find dubious in a free market, market generated economic system. More likely is a cause of bad economy. New and used equipment sales have been in the toilet for several years now, and companies have to stay in business, or close the doors, that's the only choices available. Parts, by virtue of circumstances, have to carry this load.
Dont kid yourself guys ,the last CAT parts i bought were made in Tiawan
A lot of Cat's electronic parts like sensors, etc, are marked "Made in Mexico" these days.
just paid $120.00 I think for a little fuel shut off solenoid that is under the top cover of my injection pump on my 450c deere loader... I looked at it this way. I need the part to run the machine and I get x per hour for running. In three years I rebuild the starter, blew the turbo oil line, and now this solenoid... not bad. to give 1 day's wages in repairs for a years running... better than a payment.
like you said willie59 i,m free to take my business elsewhere price shock is just amother symptom of getting old just ran the hoe all day super slow I have a new plan! I,m going to get the pump to mid swatch and then disconnect both displacement solenoids. if it stays mid swatch then the problem is computer/sensor if it goes slow its mechanical fault internal to solenoid i just love working on this stuff!