Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trade 2006 315c for 2008 160D

Canadian_digger ยท 2011-11-22 17:48

What do you guys think of this 2008 Deere. Do you think it is priced right? I'm thinking of trading my 2006 Cat 315cl with 4200hrs for the 2008 Deere 160D. I had a 2005 160C before I got the Cat, and think I would like to go back to deere. Did Deere fix some things on the new Ds. Like the over heating and leaky pilot controls?

Replies7
  1. #1Canadian_digger2011-11-23 21:24

    Forgot the link http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8067177

  2. #2CBS2011-11-30 21:49

    u must be crazy lol my buddies doing the exact opposite ditching his hoe backhoe and skidsteer all jd brand for cat hes totally sick of the endless breakdowns on the hoe and skid steer, back hoe has been fairly good tho just a lack of product support is a major part of it

  3. #3Deereman2011-11-30 22:47

    It seems to be right in line on price. I bet you could get another 2K off of that..Still looks to be in good shape.Sorry can't really help you out on the over heating and controls..

  4. #4KSSS2011-12-01 12:29

    I know Deere had a hard time around here with overheading in the early to mid 2K's especially on the 160's (mostly running at higher alt.). They made some changes to the fans I believe and likely other fixes but you don't here guys complaining about overheating any more.

  5. #5hvy 1ton2011-12-03 15:19

    He wants to be able to see out the back window...

  6. #6daren992011-12-06 20:15

    I got a 2000 120 and have never had any problems. I've been considering a jump to a 160 in the next year or so. Other then overheating have they had any other problems?

  7. #7Deereman2011-12-10 21:20

    CD, I brain farted on this one. One reason for them to over heat was the foam padding around the radiator.Was desolving and getting caugh in it. On the 160lc and c's