So I am looking at an older excavator. It is a Hitachi Uh-07. I checked it out the other day and it ran good, and everything functions fine. I know its old but what are the pro and cons with this machine. Are they hard to get parts for? Do they have some major flaws? Any thing I need to checkout? Thanks for the advise.
If you're going to own/operate a machine, at some point you're gonna need parts support. Give your local Deere dealer a call and ask them if they can provide parts for the machine. That's the first thing I would do.
UH 07 there are still a few working around here they had a weak travel motor, center joint repairs are a nightmare due to steel lines not hoses. There are not many parts left in the dealer systems you will have to find most of the parst used toher than that they were good. I just looked at a runner but has a rusted out cab for $6000
UH 07 there are still a few working around here they had a weak travel motor, center joint repairs are a nightmare due to steel lines not hoses. There are not many parts left in the dealer systems you will have to find most of the parst used toher than that they were good. I just looked at a runner but has a rusted out cab for $6000
guess I should read my post before sending my spelling is awsome
UH07-5 had the weak travel motor. UH07-7 had the good travel motor. FYI UH07-5 is a UH082. UH07-7 is a UH083.
my buddy has a uho45 that the center joint is leaking on and i went to the dealer the other dayto check on parts availability and they said they could only get the soft parts for the joint orings etc none of the ball bearings or bearing cups so be careful
We have a UH071, we had the travel motors overhauled, but they still seem weak - what could be the reason for this? I quite like how basic the machine is, it is ideal for using around the farm. We bought it from my grandfather who owned it for years, he has never replaced the ram seals and they dont leak a drop!