Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi UH143 – Where to find manuals?

Snowy ยท 2008-11-06 18:52

Hi guys. I recently perchased a 1988 model Hitachi UH143 30 tonne excavator. I am struggling to find any workshop manual or owners manual. Does anyone know of a good place (online) to find manuals for old machines? Or is anyone familiar with the UH143? P.S. I'm in Sydney Australia. Thanks guys.

Replies8
  1. #1special tool2008-11-06 19:55

    http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/in...e=SERVICE MANUALS&menuDocType=SERVICE MANUALS :drinkup

  2. #2Snowy2008-11-06 20:37

    Thanks for that mate. ; )

  3. #3Sparffo2008-11-07 02:56

    here you go! http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=Hitachi+UH143&_sacat=See-All-Categories put the "Hitachi UH143" as saved search, and E Pay will inform you when somebody is willing to sell a manual! or something else that has to do with that machine. I have found manuals for all my machines on epay, and most of them really cheap! recently i gott all the manuals for my D41S-3 trackloader, the other option was to buy from Komatsu the "new style" manual, a CD-rom that costs almost 1000$ but covers all the Komatsus, thats what i really need...

  4. #4bill2008-11-08 05:26

    New member here. I also just purchased a Hit 270 and had the same question. on a related hitachi note, is it possible to convert the cat controls to JD? I feel like a newbie attempting to wrap my brain around the cat configuration. My wife's so disappointed in my equipment operator abilities I think she's considering divorce.

  5. #5special tool2008-12-16 05:18

    Uuuuuuh...I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume you posted this in the wrong thread.

  6. #6ronnie2008-12-24 00:04

    if it does'nt have the box just behind the cab to change the controls then call a mechenic because you have to swap some hoses and good lord above it's a pain but they make a box you can run hoses to and all you have to do is take out a bolt and move a small flat lever and presto you have j/d one way cat the other

  7. #7Sparffo2008-12-25 02:22

    say what?? does JD have some other control pattern on the levers? man that must cut down on sales, when everybody else use CAT style pattern. I did know some asian machines sold in asia use some other pattern, but didn't know it's common in the states also!

  8. #8ronnie2008-12-25 22:06

    yeh old style j/d was boom and swing in left hand and stick and bucket in right everybody doe's it different south georgia is mostly j/d and north georgia is cat there is a box just behind the cab with a bolt in it wrench out the bolt move the lever and you have j/d controls on cat machine