Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi wheel loaders

komatsukid ยท 2026-02-07 09:41

The company I work for is looking at Hitachi wheel loaders to replace some aging 980 and 988 loaders. Does anyone have any experience with Hitachi wheel loaders? Parts? Service- in Michigan? Thanks!!

Replies4
  1. #1cuttin edge2026-02-07 14:02

    Hitachi is in the middle of a transition to Landcros. They claim that the change is name only. I'm a ways from you but although I have seen many Hitachi excavators. I have never seen a loader. Not to say if they are anygood or not.

  2. #2DDoug2026-02-07 16:20

    I thought Hitachi makes the loaders for John deere ?

  3. #3mowingman2026-02-07 17:38

    THe JD/Hitachi deal ended quite a few years ago. JD built loaders for Hitachi, and Hitachi built excavators for JD. Back in the 90's, while on a factory tour with JD people, I saw orange painted and labeled Hitachi loaders on the factory assembly line at JD. Now, Hitachi loaders are basically Kawasaki loaders, as Hitachi bought the Kawasaki loader brand. I would think they are pretty solid machines, however, I do not know anything about the parts availability, or dealer network in Michigan.

  4. #4FWD2026-02-10 18:29

    Reco Equipment in Mi FWD