Has anyone else had problems with the early model Hitachi Zaxis fuel tanks? They appear to have been coated with a rust inhibitor and that starts to come loose? I've had a couple of customers with this problem, the last one drained the tank, vacuumed it out clean and a couple weeks later the pickup tube is plugging up again. When they pull the line of the bottom it's plugged solid. There's a 90degree fitting and a shutoff valve and I'm thinking that's what's plugging up. Is there a screen on the pickup tube? The machine is a couple hours away, on the side of a mountain so I've not had an opportunity to take a look at it.
Thee's no screen on the tube. I've had a few issues with dirt/debris in the tank but once I've cleaned them out there's no issues afterwards. Are you sure he managed to get all of the debris out? The zaxis range up to dash 3 had no removable plate on the tank but the dash 5's have. Makes life a lot easier.