ZX200LC-3 Serial number FF01U1Q203192 One of my clients bought this machine used last year and the first time I sat in the seat I told them that the hydraulics were so fast that I thought it was at least a safety issue. I suspect that the previous owner did some tinkering with the hydraulic pump. Last week the local dealer let them demo a hammer to see if they wanted.to buy it. Speaks well of the relationship we have with the dealer. At the same time; I never mount a new hammer on anything without verifying pressure, flow, oil condition, back pressure, etc. So.I was pretty surprised to learn that there was a new hammer on the machine at all. So, the hammer won't work on the machine. Well, it sort of works. When it is cold it will hammer for a while but it is slow to start firing. Once it heats up there is just nothing unless you run the circuit backward and then the right way. I don't remember the model of the hammer, but it is the current Toku version of a BTI 925. When the operator called to tell me about the hammer I had to explain to him that I would come check it out but that since it wasn't their hammer I couldn't actually touch it with a wrench. So, I get there and check the usual suspects. The auxiliary valve that sends oil back to the oil cooler instead of through the valve body. The selector switches for functions in the cab. The monitor for codes and attachment settings. Everything is good. However, on the attachment side, the return hose is quite a bit hotter than the pressure side and I can actually smell the paint baking on this hammer. I know that it is a back pressure problem. I suspect that it is related to the original problem of "hydraulics too fast". I have to call the dealer, because it is their hammer. I have to call the owner, because it is his machine. The dealer sends out one of their techs (and a good one) to check things out. He goes through everything that I did. Only difference is that everything has cooled down. So.it runs for a bit and then stops. When the tech has gotten to the point of scratching his head (because he is the one that checked the hammer before sending it out) I tell him that he can, most likely, save himself from five hours of trouble shooting if we swap this hammer with the BTI 925 that we are running on the ZX 225. Because the BTI will run on either machine. And I know that the 225 is correct. When they swap attachments, everything runs just fine. So, now I have to figure out how to get this machine back to spec. And I have never been inside of a hydraulic pump on a Hitachi. I have looked at the pump and don't see the swash plate set screws that I know from Komatsu or Cat. I guess that I am asking for cylinder cycle times for this machine. And how to adjust it back.
Somewhere I have a description of adjusting a Hitachi tandem pump. Right now the best I can do is this file showing the parts breakdown on the pump. Item numbers 2 and 6 are the regulators.
Hope to be helpful. Good luck.
Best graphic and explanation I've ever seen for the adjustment on that pump. In this country that was all kept secret. Thank you Lachau!!!
You guys are the best. I forgot to ask what the flow is supposed to be and the best way to test it.
Flow rate is a quantity to indicate how fast or slow the working speed is. When the flow is large, the working speed is fast and vice versa, when the flow is small, the working speed is slow. Hydraulic pump adjustment is quite complicated! Indeed, to correct it, you must master the principle of its operation!!! Because any of the above screws can be adjusted to slow down the working speed!!!
Those procedures are in the Deere manuals, however, the graphics are not as nice.
I never worked on enough of those machines to justify purchasing a manual. I did get photos of the page the talked about how to adjust the pumps. The graphics were pretty confusing.
I have a service manual for the Ac 225. Other than it being a dash0 and a zero tail swing machine. The machines seem to be nearly identical component wise. I assume I can use the requirements of the hammer to adjust the pump with the flow meter on the auxiliary circuit. But I was hoping to have the service manual info on the zx200 to make sure that everything else was in the right range. Or can I just use the 225 manual for those numbers?
Yeah, I don't think I saw anything that clear in any of my Deere or Hitachi manuals.
The pic below lists the cycle times for a Deere 200DLC the Hitachi ZX200-3 equivalent. info is from the operators manual found at the online Deere bookstore. Link to the bookstore John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
Thanks everybody. That was a lot of really good information. I see the flaw in my plan. If I try to use the auxiliary circuit as a base to dial down the pump, I am only adjusting pump 2. Now I have to try to remember how deere/Hitachi plumb these pumps to the valve body so I can figure out how to dial back pump 1.
I seem to remember that the total stroke of the spool could be limited to change the flow out to a function.