Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX130LCN-5B Alternator Belt

Fendtlad ยท 2018-11-09 02:54

Hi All, I need to replace the alternator belt on a Hitachi ZX130LCN-5B. Question is do you have to remove the fan to replace the belt because the belt is to small to slip over the fan blades. If so what size are the bolt heads as you can't see down there? Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1nikbeam2018-11-10 03:29

    Did this exact job today... Yes you need to remove the fan. Remove the fan guard,14mm Loosen the A/C belt, 12mm and 22mm. Loosen the alternator belt, 12mm and 14mm under the alternator, the mounting bolt.You need a 14 mm socket. there's an access cover above the radiator with twist fastners. Remove that. You can access the bolts from there. You need a long breaker bar. The 14mm socket need to be longer than normal but shorter than a deep socket. Hope you flexible. Best way I found was to get the socket and breaker bar on the bolt then rotate the fan while holding the breaker bar. There are 6 bolts. GOOD LUCK. Its the worst design I've seen for a maintenance item.

  2. #2Fendtlad2018-11-13 01:16

    Hi Nikbeam, Thank you for that. I need to mentally prepare myself for it. haha