Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc200lc-6 any thoughts

coondog13 ยท 2018-11-09 10:53

https://nashville.craigslist.org/hvo/d/1999-komatsu-pc200/6744285976.html this is for sale near me does anyone have any thoughts on what they can see bout it? i was also sent some videos of it running but they werent good quality. it is located at a landfill dont know if they've had it since new but maybe they did proper maintenance on it? the owner bought it from them for a client and client backed out so the owner is in a different state. thanks

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2018-11-09 13:49

    Looks pretty beat up. It has the Cummins clone engine, combo hydraulics with return filter (probably for a compactor or breaker), newer style hydraulic pump and main control valve. The sprocket teeth look all right but near as I can tell the bottom roller flanges are getting closed to the track pin bosses. I would suspect the chains had been changed but the bottom rollers were not done at the same time. What is also common on these that you need to check is the looseness in the boom foot joint and the boom cylinder base bosses. The swing bearing might also be loose at that age and amount of hours. Check up and down free play in the bearing with a dial indicator. You need to get into the monitor panel to check for codes. Here is a video showing how to do it.

  2. #2CatKC2018-11-09 14:50

    I -am not- by any means a knowledgeable appraiser but I have common sense and from what I see -no way- would I buy it. While I see a lot of wear warning signs, just the condition of the machine says no one ever took care of it. If the cab and exterior looks THAT BAD I can't imagine what maintenance has ever been done. . . if any.

  3. #3coondog132018-11-09 15:27

    i know our landfill here takes pretty good care of their stuff but cant speak for everyone. not sure if they owned it since new. i knew it was beat up and dirty but as far as dents i guess it is bout to be 20 years old. i work for the electric company and have to go to our landfill some and its always muddy so i guess i just looked past the mud and dirt. seller told me they were motivated so i dont know what that means as far as how much lower they would take. and like i said the seller bought it for someone and was suppose to ship oversea and the buyer backed out. they are in texas and the machine is in ky so im assuming they have only even seen the pictures of it.

  4. #4uffex2018-11-10 04:24

    Good day Suggest making a proper inspection takes time however if you prefer to gamble just buy it at the right price. Video of inspection available on You Tube just search Excatech.org Kind regards Uffex