Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX270LC-3 error codes

pf/l ยท 2013-01-04 20:40

Just got a 2006 Hitachi 270. First excavator we've owned so I've been out playing around a bit on it. Couple times now shortly after starting it the check engine warning comes on. Finally got the code to come up today when I was in it and it's 10002-2. Listed under the engine governor controler. Just wondering if anyone has a list of codes they could check with or posibly send me. Thanks Ryan

Replies7
  1. #1pf/l2013-01-07 16:54

    Talked to the dealer today and it's a code for the egr valve. Kind of thought that might be the case but wasn't sure. Said there's a piston in there that if it moves to much one way or another it will trigger the code. Said if it persists it may need to be replaced. Shame as it's only got about 1600-2000 hours on the existing egr valve. Not even sure where to find the darn thing yet. Wish Hitachi had a parts page like John Deere and most other manufactures do. Least I haven't found one yet. Ryan

  2. #2John C.2013-01-07 22:44

    I don't know of any diesel engine built in that time period that has an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve. Perhaps you might let us know what you think an EGR valve is? We might just have miscommunication on the term you are using.

  3. #3hardtail2013-01-08 00:30

    Duramax has had egr since 2004.5.......

  4. #4pf/l2013-01-08 10:42

    Hi John, I do infact know what a egr valve is. It recirculates exhaust gases back into the intake to reburn and reduce perticulate matter. And yes this machine does infact have one. Believe from the brochures and pictures I've found I can trace it down and see what's going on. One thing I'm not 100% sure on yet though is if it has to be calibrated to the computer when a new one is installed if so I may be sol anyways. I may not be 100% sure what it looks like but I do know what and how it works. Hoping Hitachi/Isuzu has it somewhat out in the open. My Duramax it's buried deep in the engine compartment. Going to run it for a few hours anyways and see what happens. Machine has sat for a couple of months so it's posibly just sticking a bit. Going to trace wires as well though and make sure everything is okay. We don't intend on using the machine full time till spring so we've got some time to figure it out. Like hardtail said they've been around for a while. Powerstrokes as well are another example beleive they started in 03. Ryan

  5. #5keith@cooglerconstruction2023-05-22 14:35

    Can anyone tell me the meaning for code 10022-4 on a Hitachi Excavator please?

  6. #6mg23612023-05-22 15:56

    Hi Keith, you should really start your own thread. Hitachi guys will need a machine model and dash number?

  7. #7LACHAU2023-05-23 00:48

    You should take the advice of Mr. MG2361. Next time, you have to tell us what model your machine is so we can help you easily. The model of your machine is ZX...-5B (or ZX.....-5N), but we don't know its weight yet!! It is ZX130-5B(N)...ZX160-5B(N)....ZX210-5B(N)....?????