Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi zx270lc-3 no stick in power

Demo_God · 2025-04-23 20:00

I have a zx270 Lc-3 year 05 and the stick in function under load has no pulling power unless I combine the functions. Not sure where to start looking some knowledge will be appreciated thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Gary Layton2025-04-23 22:49

    Post a serial number...it will eventually be needed.

  2. #2Demo_God2025-04-24 05:33
  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-04-25 00:43

    Welcome to HEF Demo_God . The serial tag picture references a ZX270-1 .The “ARV“ serial prefix designation is also for a ZX270-1 . Access the onboard diagnostics by pressing and holding the set button then key on or start. After bulb check release the button. Then use the select button to scroll. Find Pump1 and Pump2 delivery pressure and also Pump1 and Pump2 control pressure. With the engine at about 1/2 throttle note the pump1 and pump2 delivery pressure with arm in only over releif and again with boom up only over releif. Using the same procedure also note the pump1 and pump2 Control pressure.

  4. #4Demo_God2025-04-25 06:32

    Thanks Diesel Dave There is no monitor in the cab. Where would I access onboard diagnostic's?

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-04-25 08:45

    Post a pic of what you have in the cab.

  6. #6Demo_God2025-04-25 17:42

    No problem. It is setup like this

  7. #7Diesel Dave2025-04-25 18:59

    The picture you posted is the monitor I was expecting to see. See (2) screenshots below. .

  8. #8Demo_God2025-04-25 19:24

    Wow I didn’t even know you could do that. Thanks for the info I’m going to check it out and keep you posted thanks again

  9. #9Diesel Dave2025-04-25 19:29

    With arm in over releif ,note the arm-roll in pilot pressure as well.

  10. #10Demo_God2025-04-25 19:30

    I will no problem. I’ll be back with the numbers

  11. #11Demo_God2025-05-01 09:51

    Good morning Diesel Dave I finally had a chance to get out to the machine yesterday and took some notes of what you asked for. Pump 1 stick in 16.1 before engine stalls and boom up is 29.8 before engine stalls Pump 2 reads the same as 1 Control b was 4.5 before engine stalls Control c reads the same as b Boom raise 3.9 before engine stalls Stick in reads the same as boom raise

  12. #12Diesel Dave2025-05-01 11:19

    If the testing was done with the engine at about half throttle all the pressures look reasonable except for Pump1 and Pump2 stick in which is very low. There could be an issue with the stick in circuit relief valve, maybe a blown o-ring. Check bucket curl pressure on Pump 1, should be very close to boom up pressure,approx 30 mpa. Remove the arm in circuit relief if you see nothing obviously wrong with it,swap it for the bucket curl circuit relief and retest. See screenshot below.

  13. #13Demo_God2025-05-01 11:50

    Thanks I will do so. Be back with the results.

  14. #14Diesel Dave2025-05-01 12:38

    In the interest of you getting a general feel for the condition of the hydraulic system maybe check all the Pump1 and Pump2 delivery pressures.