Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 160d aux hyd

westprarie · 2025-04-23 20:44

I have a Deere 160d apparently it has one way flow auxiliary hydraulics and I need dual for a thumb. How hard is it to change?

Replies29
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-04-23 21:12

    Welcome to HEF westprarie . Is there a 3 button right hand side joystick handle installed ? Follow the right side auxiliary hose from the base of the boom to where it terminates. Does it end at a selector valve similar to the attached pic ?

  2. #2westprarie2025-04-23 21:19

    Yes it has that and a valve. There is a pedal in the floor that I assume was used for a hammer.

  3. #3westprarie2025-04-23 21:20

    You can hear the solenoids click when you use the buttons but the hoses never move. They only move when you step on the pedal

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-04-23 21:34

    Is the floor pedal control a switch or a controller like the travel pedals.?

  5. #5westprarie2025-04-23 22:08

    Just a switch

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-04-23 22:19

    The clicking sound you hear while pushing the joystick buttons is the electrical relays closing and opening. Knowing now what all was factory installed , you are missing the 2 way solenoid valve control kit. There is Deere kit # AT330567 , I am assuming is still available from Deere. See screenshot below. It may be more money than an HKX (or other supplier) 2way solenoid kit but it is “plug and play” . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc...ch/pgId/435983/partnumber/AT330567/callout/90 . .

  7. #7westprarie2025-04-23 22:24

    Is this hard to install or pretty straightforward?

  8. #8Diesel Dave2025-04-23 22:34

    The pressure reducing valve likely already is installed . You could just get a 2 way solenoid valve AT180585. and wiring harness AT331104 and make up any extra pilot hoses required .

  9. #9Diesel Dave2025-04-23 22:36

    The complete kit or just the 2 critical parts I mentioned in post #9 are straight forward to install.

  10. #10westprarie2025-04-24 12:30

    This is the valve I have on the right hand side of the boom

  11. #11Diesel Dave2025-04-24 12:45

    That’s the factory installed “return to tank / return to control valve“ selector valve. Thanks for the pic to confirm what you have. You just need the complete 2 way solenoid control kit OR the 2 way solenoid valve, wiring harness and possibly a couple more pilot hoses made up. Part #’s referenced in post #7 and # 9.

  12. #12Diesel Dave2025-04-24 13:08

    I spoke too soon. Can you post a picture of the area of the one way solenoid valve. I want to see if the pressure reducing valve is installed.

  13. #13westprarie2025-04-24 18:34

    T

  14. #14westprarie2025-04-24 18:46

    One other question don you know how to get everything off metric on the display?

  15. #15Diesel Dave2025-04-24 23:51

    Thanks for the 1 way solenoid pic etc. I see the pressure reducing valve is installed just to the left of the 1 way solenoid valve.

  16. #16westprarie2025-04-25 11:29

    Will all those pilots lines go over on the other solenoid?

  17. #17Diesel Dave2025-04-25 11:43

    Yes, you may be missing one or two pilot hoses and adapter fittings after installing the 2 way solenoid valve. Keep an eye on your messages.

  18. #18westprarie2025-04-25 20:22

    The kit was cheaper than buying the two pieces separate. Also don’t know how to change the display off metric on the 160d?

  19. #19Diesel Dave2025-04-25 20:50

    I don’t know either. Maybe @mg2361 can shed some light on that .

  20. #20westprarie2025-04-25 21:57

    One more question and I will leave you alone. Does Deere have to come change software after the switch is installed

  21. #21Diesel Dave2025-04-25 22:24

    *Edited * The Attachment Pilot Pressure Sensor may all ready have been enabled when the one way control kit was installed. Regardless , if you only plan to run a thumb the thumb speed can be set using the pressure reducing valve.

  22. #22Welder Dave2025-04-26 01:59

    I don't think anybody will mind if you have some more questions. It can be a little confusing if you don't have experience with what you want to do.

  23. #23mg23612025-04-26 06:19

    You can't. Deere did not have a unit selection choice until the "G" excavators.

  24. #24westprarie2025-04-29 22:34

    Everything seemed to go ok but where does this hose plug in? There’s not a place for it now?

  25. #25mg23612025-04-30 04:52
  26. #26westprarie2025-04-30 19:38

    That worked great now one more question. How do I slow the thumb speed down some and relief pressure adjustment?

  27. #27Welder Dave2025-05-01 02:22

    I'd guess an inline flow restrictor.

  28. #28mg23612025-05-01 05:01

    To adjust pressure, follow the lines from the thumb back to the control valve. Where they connect, there will be a relief valve either on top of the control valve or on the bottom of the control valve where the lines attach.

  29. #29Diesel Dave2025-05-05 12:38

    Good to know.