Hi there! I just purchased a 2012 Hitachi ZX350LC-5N and it has a hydraulic issue I was wondering if I might get some help diagnosing. I’m not sure where to start looking. This morning I started the machine and tried to crowd the stick in and it was acting as if the hydraulics were “bound” up. The engine would bog down and blow black smoke and want to stall and as soon a I let off it would run back up normal instantly. After a few times trying to get it to work, everything seemed to free up and work perfectly normal for about 10 minutes. I lifted the lock lever and got out of the cab for a few minutes and let it idle, after I got back in, activated the lock lever and tried it again now all of the functions are doing the same intermittently. It seems to “lock up” worse when trying to do two functions at the same time like boom up and crowd in. Hydraulic fluid is full, new filters, and I pulled every wire harness plug I could find on the hydraulic side of things, cleaned them with electrical cleaner and blew them out. I had read of a similar issue on here about it being a dirty harness plug. I’m not sure where to go from here. The dealer field service is almost 3 weeks out and and if I can fix it I would rather not wait. Thank you for the help! John
Update: I tried switching the two sensor wires on the main pumps and no change. I did try running the machine again and it is some sort of valve issue. I tried holding crowd in longer than previous attempts and this time it would run the engine down like before but I could hear a hydraulic hiss then something would pop open and the hydraulics would work as they should until I repeat the motion. This time it was only on the crowd motion.
Welcome to HEF John ! Any codes? Post a picture of your Monitor and the Switch Panel below it.
Follow the steps below to display "WARNING RECORD" or "FAULT CODE". Good luck to you.
Awesome info! Thank you! I will try this out when I get back to the machine. I will update with what I find.
So I finally got back to the machine yesterday. I got into the service menu and the whole machine is loaded with codes. I decided to clear everything to remove the irrelevant codes that were old and started the machine and tried running it after. The codes that came back up after clearing I will post below. As I was cleaning a sensor connection yesterday the wires broke off at the back of the connector so I know some codes are related to that. I’m waiting on a couple new connector pins to repair that plug. I’m not sure what solenoid it is to but I will post a picture of it so we can rule out that fault code. The wire harness seems very brittle so I’m wondering if it may have a bad spot in it. 11200-3 Pump 1 oil pressure sensor high pressure abnormal 11202-3 Pump 2 Oil pressure sensor high pressure abnormal 11206-3 Pump 1 pump control pressure sensor high pressure abnormal 11208-3 Pump 2 pump control pressure sensor high pressure abnormal 11302-4 Boom lift pilot pressure sensor low pressure abnormality 11404-4 Solenoid valve unit (SG) (overflow pressure control) feedback low current abnormality These next few codes I can’t find any info online. 11459-02 20009-02 20010-02 20062-00
It is definitely the harness. A John Deere tech came out today after a job nearby cancelled. He definitely confirmed it being the harness. A new harness has been ordered and as soon as we get it installed and back running I will update. Thank you for the info! I was able to get a lot of value from this thread!
Update on repairs? Having same issue with our ZX350-6