Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi zx350LC-5N

Leathwood ยท 2022-06-03 08:18

Hey, I have the above machine and I need to change an idler on the track. When looking I see the master pin is held in with a snap ring. Do these pins require to be pushed out with a track press ? I am used to the master pins with a dimple in them that usually require a track press. Thanks for any information

Replies2
  1. #1skadill2022-06-03 11:18

    Easiest and quickest to release the grease tension ,push the idler all the way back in with the bucket. Then using the bucket and walking it ahead a bit-force the track to fall off on the front. Only takes a minute. Did it a few weeks backs for probably the 20th time in my days.

  2. #2uffex2022-06-04 07:59

    Good day See attached may be of help. Kind regards Uffex