Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SIS info requests. Kiddy 322C

fastline · 2022-06-03 00:35

HEK serial. Hoping someone could look at the pump books and tell me what the two caps are on the very top of the pump? I believe I have one leaking and is just making a mess. Because it is at the top, it has covered things so sort of a guess at the moment. There is a center hex, then a 4 bolt flange around the outside. There appears to be oil around that large hex. It's probably 1.25" or so. Looks like there are caps like this on the bottom of the pump unit too. Maybe shafts for the swash plates?

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2022-06-03 01:05
  2. #2fastline2022-06-03 11:27

    SUPER helpful, thank you! However, I did find it strange that in all of that, they don't call out a seal on that plug? Unless I missed it, section A-A, and #24 line goes right through it. They call the Oring for all those housings, but nothing on the plug. There is view for everything BUT the top...lol FML....

  3. #3Nige2022-06-03 19:44

    Try this. Is it Ref # 42 & 43 on Section H-H (Page 3) that you are looking for.? Note that there are different Pump Gp Part Numbers depending on whether the S/N is or below HEK745.

  4. #4fastline2022-06-04 13:23

    Thank you Nige, I missed that! However, care to share your take on the section H-H? I am still trying to figure out what I am looking at. I do GD&T drawings and when I do them internally, I apply color for this reason...lol I don't know what is going on there. As for the leak, there was oil sitting on the sides of that "plug". No other way for oil to get there. Oil is all over the pump unit so I will probably have to get that clean so I can check for any other leaks. That plug was sort of tight. I would guess 5 ft/lb. Obviously with the Oring, it probably should have sealed but the other was rather tight so I cinched it with the 3/4" ratchet and in the little testing I did, it was not leaking. Life experiences tell me it probably isn't that simple, but...... I was trying to evaluate what that plug is, and the other features in H-H concern me. I don't want to pull a plug, drop something in the pump, and create my own little nightmare. I was also trying to figure out how much of a mess I am asking for. Maybe JB weld will fix it.....lol

  5. #5Nige2022-06-04 14:05

    Apart from the o-ring under the plug there is also a larger one under the cover. I don’t know enough about the internals of that pump to speculate on what might happen if the cover was removed.