Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ZX40U3

IceHole · 2023-08-18 13:29

Picked up a Japaneese market ZX40U3 at auction the other day. Open cab machine so I think that's why it went for pretty cheap. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it's what my wallet said I could spend. It's around 5 tons, so I can haul it with my truck. Was looking for more like a 100-120 size, but would have needed a trailer as well, or hire out moving it. Steel track with rubber blocks, ~5000hrs so reasonable. Looks to have been treated fairly well, original paint and other than the usual fading it's not bad. I have the service maual for it, but for some reason it doesn't list fluid capacities. Found a few places it listed a grease to use or similar but they don't come up in searches even, so I'd guess not something we have here. Going to do a full service on it, so it'd help to know what I need to buy or use up from my stock. Anyone know engine oil capacity, hydraulic tank, coolant, finals, swing gear? Gear oil in finals and swing?

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2023-08-18 13:52

    Good day May this be of help. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2IceHole2023-08-18 14:03

    THANKS! Any idea what the pilot line filter part number would be? I didn't see that in the book and nothing is coming up online. Have all the other filters coming in.

  3. #3uffex2023-08-18 14:05

    Good day I will have a search if I find any information, I will post it. Keep smiling Uffex

  4. #4uffex2023-08-18 14:20

    Good day All I can find attached. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5Diesel Dave2023-08-18 17:00

    FYI, at the Deere Booksore there is an option to download a free copy of the Operators Manual for that Hitachi. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com Screenshot below from the Operators Manual at the Deere bookstore. .