Hi all I am having serious electrical trouble with a Hitachi Zaxis Zx85usb-5a 2015. Started with removal of oil cooler not carried out be me but when they put cooler back in ,no start not even cranking over. I found some of the relays beside the battery had corroded connections and few relays shot. So I repaired the bad connections and for the square 12v relays i just replace with standard 70amp 4 pin relays. And I also replaced the small fuse holder and fuse that is tied up to the loom near main fuses(I was not getting 12v down to the relays before this). I have it narrowed down to the relays are not getting a good earth to pull them in. I know some of the relays earth through the ecu but is there any other earth connection on the loom that I cannot see that might be causing the issue. I also notice that when you turn off the ignition the main battery relay is not clicking out. I checked all the diodes I can see behind the seat incase of a backfeed ,for the battery relay issue. If anyway can help me out or have a technical troubleshooting ( TTDEE-EN )manual for this model it would be a great help. Thanks Mark
Also code 1485-04 will not clear of the monitor.
ebay has a Repair Manual for your machine at a reasonable price, printed version. Seller is in the United Kingdom, so nearby you.
I will give you Technical Troubleshooting Manual but if your machine shows 1485-04 fault code I think you need the Yanmar 4TNV94L manual due to 1485-04 ~ P0686-04 being engine fault code! Link to download: ZX85USB-5A Troubleshooting Manual
Hi Mark, did U get to the problem of the 85 not starting? Having similar issues as in won't turn over.
Hi Yes I got it sorted..there are a bunch of relays in behind the batteries the cab side..There was a few connections broken and bad connections.I had to repair connections and replace some relays. But it still would not even turn over after all this. Turns out it had fried the ecu also. Replaced the ecu and off it went. Be very careful with the 7 relays some are 24v switching 12v and others are 24v switching 12v. Also there is a fuse on the loom up from the batteries taped in, also had to replace it. One more thing there is a dc to dc converter inside the cab that can give issues. I had a steep learning curve on this one . Best of luck.
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll check those out and remove the aftermarket immobiliser also before I look into replacing the ecu.
Hi Mark I've got the exact same issues. Replaced all the relays but still having problems now possibly with the dc dc converter what issues with the dc dc converter did you find? Also was it the engine ecu that you replaced? What lead to the ecu being diagnosed as faulty? Many thanks.
Hi Chris, You can check if ur ecu is getting power, from what I remember 1 of the ign relays give power to the ecu while another 1 out of that bunch of relays switch the earth (ground) to the ecu. Try eliminating that b4 replacing it. I had a wiring diagram I can try dig it out if you need.
Hi all, I was asked to look at a Zaxis Zx85usb-5a that is diagnosed with the exact same issues as the onces from Chris, Marc and Collyire. Seems to be a specific problem from this machine... Does anyone has a wiring diagram and/or some pictures with the location of the different parts that can be faulty? I have not yet seen the machine in person and I'd like to go there prepared. Many thanks in advance, Bouke