Just thought I would show these photos from recent holidays in the Canary Isles (Owned by Spain but off the North West coast of Africa) Its from a road job a mile or so from our hotel which has since been completed.
that truck is weird. what kind is it? is that 2 sets of steering wheels on the front?????
It's a Mercedes truck, don't know the model.
Nice pics
More pics from the same job:notworthy
We call them double tandems in the last 5 years they've become the truck of choice in my city for dumptrucks at my old work we had 5 of them all Western Stars,very very hard on your back after a long day.
I drove a Mack once with two steering axles. It handled a little differently than a regular 10 wheel or tri-axle. They are set up like that here to meet bridge weight requirements in some states.
I'd love to try one of those mercedes. Looks like it steers well, and great visibility.
I bet you felt every bump twice driving that Mack Ask anyone who drives them full time,after 2 years you have to stop as most guys I know their backs just turn to mush after hitting every bump twice day in day out
Here's a couple pics of a Twin Steer Kenworth. Great pics you've been posting Nick. Keep um coming....:drinkup link
These are some great pics.....
Thats one of them new Kenworths built by Westernstar eh?
Yeah........um.........thats right. ointhead I figured the color would draw your attention away from the mistake.
Ya it don't matter. Thats a lot of truck!
Yeah, i think Western Star makes very beautifull trucks.:usa And the pictures of this one is realy awesome:notworthy As a equip freak i loves the 6900 XD.... Any of you got pictures of those in action? (have seen all on their website) Here is a couple of pics of our 4 axled MAN concrete trucks.(430 ps, Tier 4) Has automatic gearing. Same gbox as most of the AT mobile cranes. Axles is this way because of bridge regulations. Here you can either have one single in front and a tripple back or 2+2. There's also a minimum lenght from center first to center last axle.
nice truck,i like the interior of the cab!
Awesome photos, I love that 375 LME! Thx, Aaron
Thanks Aaron,:notworthy Here just for you some more pics of the 375LME:drinkup Nick:thumbsup
Outstanding picks Nick, thank you. That CAT 375 line is one big Rock Biter. You all have a nice day:usa