Wow........ this guy had to be going the speed limit at the very least ? This took place last night. http://fox8.com/2013/03/09/traffic-alert-dump-truck-accident-closes-i-90/
To call that major damage would be a huge understatement
I'm never using a highway pedestrian overpass again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQUyNJXSNe8
I would love to see what happened to the tractor!! I don't know how you can drive down the road with the body up and not know it, especially with a load on and being a trailer. The truck sways so much anyone should be able to feel it.
One of the other news agencies reported an eyewitness said he was driving for quite a while with the bed up and at speeds of near 70. The witness said she stayed behind him fearing the worst. The tractor continued down the road and their are no injuries. The load is Lime possibly heading for a steel mill downtown Cleveland.
ODOT hired All Erection to use a 100 ton crane to get the truck off the structure and they are now building a 500 ton unit to remove the bridge deck itself, all by Monday morning rush hour....... Someone is going to be making som bucks !!
SMH . I've been noticing allot of this here in Ohio recently! In the 13 years i have been at this current company I have seen two drivers start down the service road with their PTO's engaged. This is NOT the place for that! For one, It's the only way in or out to the loading docks. Two, no road is the place for that! PAY ATTENTION!
http://photos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2013/03/crane_gets_ready_to_move_piece.html
what the heck! at least no one was hurt.
:thumbsup on pedestrian bridge builder, maybe the eyewitness that was following the guy should have made a slight gesture that something was wong. with the extra wind resistance one would think to look out either mirror to see if something was wrong. shoot, I look out them even if NOTHING is wrong. There was a lady up here who took out an overhead interstate sign system and a few months earlier she took out overhead street light(dump truck with back window and normal 4 mirrors.) company still has her driving...must have a good personallity
I almost sharted yelling at the dude who stopped to watch the bridge colapse. He must have forgot that he was on it too:beatsme