Anyone made one and have pics? I have about 250 yards of good soil to screen, mostly trying to remove rocks 3-4 inches and larger, soil is very dry and powdery. Or a place to rent one locally here in BC, near Vancouver
There's one for rent on the corner of 64/208 in langley,I think its a thomas proscreen?
If you can get a hold of the latest issue of "Farm Show" magazine, there is a custom made skidsteer mounted screener that looks interesting. I think the design would be worth trying.
P.S. - go to Farm Show dot com, current issue, rock picker
I have made a shaker screen, I used 1/2 steel mesh, 1 old electric 1/2 hp motor, 2 springs from a old truck, And some tubing. load It with the ski steer, And let It work.
Danny, welcome to HEF! we'll need pictures of that screen soon
Thanks, I have to figure out how to post a pic on here:beatsme
I dont't think they let me In yet.......I cant see a box saying "Manage Attachments"., Also I cant start a thread:beatsme:drinkup No worries, I'm not Spam, LOL Danny
I made a gravity screen with a few different screen sizes. 4in. 2in. and 1in. mesh. Works not to bad, it does get crap stuck between the mess but for the cost it worth it.
Here's my screen, It may be small for big jobs, But It works great around the farm. I load It up with the skid steer. Danny
For 250 yards one like captain charlie built will work. If thats not fine enough, hang some old chain link fencing from it. I have done that before, and for a small volume it will work fine. Just go slow and don't hurry.
It works not to bad, I built the basic triangle out of 2x6 and bolted it together with half inch carrage bolts. I used wire rope at the top and bottom and tentioned them with turnbuckles. it was designed to fold up so I could haul it up the hill. I got the screens from the bone yard at the local gravel pit. I added the legs after so I could dump right into the box of my pickup. Now I want to wash the rocks somehow so i can use them for drainage. Any thoughts on how to achive this without to much water run off?
Old thread, but these are some valuable homemade tool builds, gentlemen! We've added these screens to our Heavy Equipment category on HomemadeTools.net, fully credited out to captain charlie and Danny Steel: - captain charlie's Aggregate Screen - Danny Steel's Shaker Screen So far we only display a reduced-size photo of the build (like what you would find in Google Images). If any of you are interested in giving your permission, we'd like to publish the original fullsize images with your build listing.
Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed...but are you saying the pics don't belong to you, that so far you've only displayed reduced size pics, and if the owner of the pics is interested in giving permission you'll post the full size images? Am I missing something here? :beatsme
Yes, the part where they make money from traffic on their site (And less traffic here)
Yair . . . . Dunno folks, that looks to be an interesting website. Its very user friendly with some decent ideas. If I click on pictures it often brings me back to HEF. I don't think there is any nefarious intent and, with the way they have the links set up it could bring traffic to this site. I have it bookmarked actually and when I have some time I'll wander over and have a look around. Cheers.
Well, I don't know, the whole premise of the post by homemadetools puzzles me. Sure, his objective to make money on his website may be correct, but more traffic on his site and less here? I doubt it. I doubt he can match the traffic that HEF enjoys. More likely, he's hoping the traffic at HEF spills over to his website. But hey, it's the internet, folks will try anything to get an edge. But if I can connect the dots that he's "riding the wave" of HEF for his gain, I'll cut it off. But if he's legit, I'm open minded to his defense.