Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Homebrew Machine Magic

d2r ยท 2011-04-09 02:00

I see a lot of you ( unlike myself ) non-noob guys cobbling together tools and cooking up field-expedient fixes to unexpected snags and it blows me away. Sometimes just small, simple stuff... like these bucket hooks... Other times, it's a little more complicated... like drilling a better torque converter (early 580b ) drain hole that attempts to address an obvious design flaw. Maybe it's just a more efficient way to perform maintenance... or a superior replacement part... but how about a thread that showcases your best non-standard mods or fixes?

Replies12
  1. #1davidd2011-04-12 08:30

    Nice set of hooks. But whadda ya use them for? And perhaps a little explamation about the cutting edge on the bucket.

  2. #2d2r2011-04-12 08:36

    not my machine... just put up the picture for purposes of illustration... but i imagine they'd be handy for picking up logs, planks & such.

  3. #3CM19952011-04-12 09:56

    Homebrew Machine Magic Shoot I thought the thread was going to be about making beer ....

  4. #4davidd2011-04-12 20:50

    I think from the looks of that bucket edge, that the beer making has already started.

  5. #5mitch5042011-04-12 22:22

    I'm confused, what is wrong with the edge? I'm sure the hooks are to hold a shaft w/ a set of forks on it.

  6. #6Deere John2011-04-13 06:46

    The edge and the workmanship on the hooks look fine to me as well. Please elaborate davidd.

  7. #7Komatsu 1502011-04-13 07:04

    I got fooled too, there is something in front of the bucket edge that makes it look horribly twisted - just an illusion.

  8. #8mitch5042011-04-14 01:03

    after I read that I looked at it again, and I see it

  9. #9d2r2011-04-15 16:31

    speaking of forks... or how about a bale spear...

  10. #10jimg9842011-04-16 12:28

    not the same bucket as 1st picture

  11. #11d2r2011-04-24 23:29

    how about a nine inch tapered bucket with cut-out sides?

  12. #12stock2011-04-27 03:56

    Don't see too many tile drain buckets on rubber tyred machines............................................