Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Homemade brush cutter

IGSO-520 ยท 2017-06-09 10:30

was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on which pump to purchase I have a kubota svl-75-2 low flow only 17.5gpm I believe the picture attached is the the one I need

Replies4
  1. #1JS3002017-06-09 20:46

    Direct drive or coupled to gearbox?

  2. #2DIYDAVE2017-06-09 21:11

    If you go to surpluscenter's tech page, they have all the formulas to calculate how many rpms it will put out, at a given flow and pressure. It has to do with displacement of the pump, in question. If you are marrying it to a standard 540 rpm gearbox, I'd shoot for about 700 rpm, to compensate for any wear in your pump...

  3. #3old-iron-habit2017-06-12 10:18

    Lets see the pictures of the brush cutter you built.

  4. #4IGSO-5202017-06-12 10:20

    I'm going to run it with the gear box, I'll get some pictures as soon as it's done