Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

High flow?

andyjax ยท 2017-06-10 06:41

What's the best way to determine if a machine has high flow? My 2001 Bobcat 773G has the switch but I've never used it. I understand they put the switch on all machines but not necessarily the actual option. Want to run a forestry head. Thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1crewchief8882017-06-10 08:17

    easiest way to find out is push the button and see if it lights up, if it doesnt, you dont have hi flow

  2. #2andyjax2017-06-10 15:59

    Thanks Chief.

  3. #3southernman132017-06-11 07:13

    That I know of it would have 4 flat face quick disconnect fittings. 2 smaller ones for standard flow and 2 larger ones for high flow. Plus on some cutters u need a case drain outlet as well. This is the setups on mine and what I've seen

  4. #4andyjax2017-06-11 08:21

    Thanks. I checked my 773. No high flow. Does anyone know if I could run a forestry head of any kind at the standard 16 GPM rate?

  5. #5southernman132017-06-11 11:44

    they are available but I've heard they don't work very well. I've never seen one in action.

  6. #6Tractorguy2017-06-11 14:08

    You may be able to run a small one but it wouldn't be very productive...

  7. #7Todd v.2017-06-20 20:37

    No on the mulcher... You'd be best with a brush mower. A mulcher would be a big waste of money, they really need a min of 30+ GPM and 3K PSI and that's on the low side and some serious cooling to go with it.

  8. #8andyjax2017-06-21 06:09
  9. #9andyjax2017-06-21 06:10

    Thanks Todd. Yeah I gathered all of that. Now looking for a mower. Cheers.

  10. #10andyjax2017-06-28 08:18

    Hello all- Just an update to this thread. I just ordered a heavy duty brush mower from a local distributer. It's a 60" heavy duty brush cutter from CID industries. It's their low flow version rated for 14-20GPM and will work on my 773. Not a forestry head of course, but an option to cut up to 5" saplings/trees. Thanks.

  11. #1162oliver2017-06-28 13:58

    Let us know how well it works, thanks for the up date!!!