I had to remove the motor from my EB 10000 and break it down for inspection. Started burning alot of oil. So i got it apart. Pulled the cylinder jug off and to my surprise there are no head gaskets. It looks like maybe it some kinda of sealer on it. There was also no gasket on the cover plate for the crankcase. I can see using silicone or rtv there but the heads ? Has anyone been inside one of these little hondas yet ? I cant find much info on it. I got my parts and want to get it back together but im not sure what to do on the cylinder jugs...
Are you sure there was not a steel shim gasket in there that may be stuck to something? https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Cylinder-Head-Gasket-FITS-Honda-GX620-20HP-V-Twin-Engines-/321005400049 https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Comple...t-FITS-Honda-GX620-20-HP-V-Twin-/321002768354 https://www.amazon.com/EVEREST-BRAND-GASKET-CRANKCASE-CARBURETOR/dp/B00HSNMW0I https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Express-Cylinder-Gasket-Engines/dp/B00FOUT9KS
I seen that also when i was trying to research it. But when i look up my particular motor and generator on hondas parts web site it shows no gasket and does not list one anywhere in the parts breakdown for this particular set up. I have not seen this particular style of cylinder / head all made into one jug on a honda yet. I did check to see if maybe something had stuck but nothing. Just a black rtv looking compound. I bought this new and its never been opened up until now. I bought it in 2016.
Parts break down.
I wonder if it's a lower end Honda generator without a GX style engine?
I think I have heard of these but never seen one yet. Are there separate heads and jugs or are they all one piece? Have you already taken it apart?
So i ended up buying a service manual online. It does in fact use a rtv. No gaskets are used on the gx630/90 engines. The head and jug a one piece. You just trace around the surface of the head/ jug and bolt it back on. It was a first for me seeing silicon for head gaskets....
I thought it was a gx 620 but turned out it was a gx630.. Thanks for the input
So the RTV gasket is not from the head to the barrel but from the barrel to the crankcase? Not holding cylinder firing pressure I presume?