Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Honest opinions

trackhoejoe ยท 2010-05-11 19:19

I'm looking for honest opinions on two machines: the Cat 299c and the Bobcat T320, both with cab and air. I will probabley get one of the two this week. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I have used the search link on this site,but still looking for more feed back. :usa

Replies14
  1. #1trackhoejoe2010-05-12 07:29

    Wow, no opinions on either of these machines? :beatsme

  2. #2du5tyl2010-05-12 09:03

    I really think both are going to be good machines - but if you are looking for recommendations - it would depend on what you will be using it for. We have heard from lots of people (on this forum) regarding both of these machines - the new undercarriage of the CAT ctl is great. The new sealed\pressurized cab of the bobcat is good (not so much on the CAT). Power and traction on both machines is good. Control options is a choice depending on brand. If you are buying either of these new you will get a good machine. It simply depends on your application and personal preferences and dealer support in your area.

  3. #3xcmark2010-05-12 16:26

    resale of the cat is going to be higher in 3 years, but its more up front. To me is easy cat and I own a JCB machine that is the same size.

  4. #4MXZ2010-05-12 16:39

    I don't believe the T320 is a sealed cab. Only the M-series 630/650 models.

  5. #5trackhoejoe2010-05-12 17:16

    I appreciate the feed back. I also own a JCB 1110t with air. The machine itself is great, but the air is horrible. With less than 700hrs they have worked on it 10-15 times and it's still not working. We do water-main and sewer installation so clean up and sweeping mainly is what the Cat or the Bobcat will be used for.

  6. #6Stick Pro2010-05-12 20:43

    I had to make this same decision a few months back. I decided on the cat 289 we demoed both machines in the some conditions. I could ruin the cat for 8 hours and want to work more, when i did that on the t320 my back was killing me and i could not wait for the day to be over. The roller suspension makes the bobcat fell like u are in a row boat all day, some people say u get used to that felling, i never did. The cat has been great so far we run it every day and not a problem yet. Good luck we want to see some pics of your new machine whenever u get it.

  7. #7trackhoejoe2010-05-13 07:20

    I guess I'm going to go for the Cat. Will send pics when delivered. Thanks to all for the help.

  8. #8Bobcat s3302010-05-13 18:03

    I would demo both side by side... In my honest opinion the bobcat t320 has better visibility and more power.. Compare the 2 belive me the cat will come with a smaller bucket and still wont push as much as the t320..

  9. #9Stick Pro2010-05-13 18:25

    I agree with the bucket part, but u can do what we did. Buy a bobcat bucket for your cat. The cat will push side by side with the 320. Been there done that test.

  10. #10trackhoejoe2010-05-13 20:11

    I've already got my buckets. Buying just the machine. I've got other Cat equipment and you just can't beat the service that they bring to the table. :drinkup

  11. #11barklee2010-05-13 21:37

    Havent run either specific machine. But i own both brands and as you know Cat parts are crazy expensive. Cats (in general) are easier on the operator and have stronger resale value. Also it may be my imagination but it seems Bobcats are much better on fuel. Both are great brands.... that is a tough choice. Not to add fuel to the fire but have you ran a Takeuchi loader? I demoed a TL150, and let me say that it is Sweet! I would at least take a look at one and take the time to play around a little, you might be supprised. Guys on this site rave about them. Hope this helps!

  12. #12trackhoejoe2010-05-16 10:52

    I've ran several different machines, but I'm ready for a sealed cab. Like most on here, I've inhaled enough dirt and dust to be able to plant a small garden in my nose and lungs. And as far as I know Cat and Bobcat are the only two sealed cabs on the market right now. :beerchug

  13. #13MXZ2010-05-16 12:11

    Cat C Series only, BC M-Series (650/630) only, and the Deere D-series are the only true positive pressure cabs I'm aware of.

  14. #14KSSS2010-05-16 22:37

    Case Series 3 cabs are sealed and pressurized.