Can anyone tell me what this could be? My T-190 feels slow, It's almost like there's not alot of power. Also if I push the controls all the way FWD or RWD something starts squealing loud. It almost sounds like a belt squeal. But it only squeals until it get's going then the noise will stop. My hydro fluid is full My control links are adjusted Regular oil is ok I don't know what it is, Help Me!!:Banghead
noisy hydraulics Noise in a hydraulic system generally is caused by either air entrainment or cavitation. If the fluid has a lot of air bubbles to the point of being foamy on top you have excessive air entrainment, look for oil being returned to tank above the fluid level, diffuser(if equipped) come off a return line or a leak on suction side of a pump, either a leak in the piping or shaft seal, these are some of the major causes of excessive air. Cavitation can result from cold fluid, restriction in suction line on a pump. Been my experience the fluid will appear normal. Its possible if you have had your system apart for maintenance/repair you have just not worked all the air out. Good luck Maytag
Its your drive belt, loose or worn. Check it.
Maytag, Part sman I just had to replace a hydro line to the drive motor the other day and had to fill the hydro tank back up. So I think the air might be the problem. How do I bleed the hydro system?. Also where is the drive belt and how do I tighten it up? Thanks
Hydro system will bleed itself. Drive belt is under cover on left side of engine. Procedure should be on rear door. Tighten belt so pointer is at 2-3 o'clock position.
Part sman I just tryed to tighten the belt but eather I'm doing somthing worng or the spring is broke. I loosend up the bolt above the pully and pushed down on the slide w/ a pribar but the pointer will not move it's still at 1 o'clock. When I push the down on top of the pully's slide Is the pointer suppossed to move? Also, There's a cap on the center of the pully. Am I suppossed to remove that cap to get at a fastener that tighten's the spring? I don't know Man... I'm lost here, If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks.
Hi Gage, I agree with Part sman, sounds like you have a drive belt tension problem. I have seen the pointer plate break and no longer give readings of 1:00 - 3:00. I've also seen the spring break in the tensioner. Take your tensioner off and give it an inspection. You may find a problem with it. I have had to replace a few of them.
You may have to pull on the pointer with a small screwdriver as you pry down, to get pointer to start moving. Once it starts moving it will move closer to 3 o'clock as you pry down. Leave the mount bolt snug enough to keep tensioner in position when you let off.