Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hood Hinges for a Ford LTL 9000

FWD ยท 2011-12-30 19:54

Been working off and on since summer fixing up a 95LTL 9000 Ford dump truck. Coming a long pretty well but am in need of the hood hinges. Was wondering if any one knew where I might locate a set. I think all the years (82-97) of the LTL's would work. Thanks! FWD

Replies6
  1. #1Soodude2011-12-31 19:15

    I might know where there is a set. If ya give me till after new years I can go out back and see what year the old junked out ltl is for ya.... Happy news years!!!

  2. #2FWD2011-12-31 21:33

    Thank you much, I'd be very interested in the hinges. I'll be waiting to hear what you find out. Never been to the Soo, but been over the Mack Bridge a few times. Happy New Year in a few short hours, you'll see the New Year an hour before me. FWD

  3. #3FWD2012-01-09 19:59

    No one seems to have any used hinges of any quality. New ones from Ford-Sterling are out of this world in price, bu are available. I found a place in Illinois that has had a bunch of these made up. They are still high, but about the best I can find. The place is Milford Truck Parts. 1-888-499-7878. FWD

  4. #4Soodude2012-01-09 20:17

    I did venture out behind the shop and saw we have two hinges on the 92 LTL out back.... will have to wait till spring in order to get them off the truck.... Our loader operator thought it would be funny to bury the truck with snow the loader

  5. #5heavyparts2013-12-20 08:41

    Hey don't know if you ever got your LTL hood hinges we have them and there better then the Fords solid aluminum with grease fitting and cost less then FORDS. MARK. Www.fordheavytruckparts.com

  6. #6redneckchevy92013-12-20 11:53

    Thanks for posting the link - I will have to check it out for sure for my '91 L9000