Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hoof belt drive govenor

prototype build ยท 2014-07-24 11:22

A friend bought Bobcat 843 skidsteer with a small ford gas engine with a hoof products belt driven govenor, the front bearing went out it appears years ago and the govenor destroyed itself internally, anyone know where I can get one?

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2014-07-24 12:50

    You could try contacting these people: www.foleyengines.com Do a google search for Hoof Governor and the second item is a link to Foley Engines with information on changing to an electronic governor on a Ford gas engine. I have no connection to this outfit but they seem to offer lots of on line helps. Good luck.

  2. #2crewchief8882014-07-30 22:00

    843 wouldnt have a ford gas engine in it. i believe the governor is still available from bobcat....

  3. #3lantraxco2014-07-30 22:25

    Ran across a Bobcat with a Toyota engine in it once..... not exactly OEM, LOL

  4. #4kshansen2014-07-31 09:15

    Don't tell me someone would replace something with non-oem parts! Then again I know where there is an older Koehring Bantam truck crane with a set of tandems from a Diamond Reo cement truck in it!