well hello to everyone, my name is Colin, I'm currently attending centennial college to be a heavy equipment technician. i have to to a power point presentation on a Hyundai R290lc and I'm having trouble finding some required info. our teacher said go to the dealership and a lot of student have, but I'm in Brampton Ontario and the closest seems to be in Manitoba. if anyone could help it would be great, things like -system voltage, type of batteries, how many, and the ratings of them, rating of alternator, some circuit protections devices, and if anyone knows if dealer offers 24/7 service. any help would be great, i don't even know how to use power point and have to present next week Tuesday. thanks in advance.
Go here: http://www.hceamericas.com/WCC/WCC0021.aspx?idx=163 And click the download brochure button under the picture of the excavator. The brochure has all the info you need. It's workings are practically the same as any other recent excavator in its size class.
yea i have the brochure already, i got the mean info i just didn't see anything specific like the system voltage and alternator stuff. ill look again more closely this time thanks.
http://www.hyundai.am/pdf/crawler_excavators/r290lc-7.pdf
still cant seem to find specific numbers in brochure. i was just hoping someone knew it of hand. really appreciate the help though guys really appreciated. ill be returning the favors when i get the experience lol. only experience i got now is automotive. is it generally the same for all excavators or do they differ a lot. id imagine no morw than 12v system. with one battery 2 tops.
You ought to read more carefully. Just like almost every other piece of large heavy equipment made in the last 50 years, it has two 12v batteries connected in series to produce 24v. This model uses a 50 Amp alternator. All the detailed specs are in the brochures, just read them. A lot of the information you are looking for is in the engine section of the specs. The link tylermckee provided seems to be the specs for a slightly older model, and the link I gave will lead you to the current brochure.
Oh damn, sorry for not seeing, just going nuts with all the homework, thanks so much guys. Iv printed a full size brochure so I can see a little better, and it won't hurt to have it in class. Sorry I missed it, again. I owe yas a beer
It's alright, we all often miss the obvious when stressed.