Bought a cotter key tool a few years ago. I've found it's best use is to remove hoses you aren't going to replace. It's easy to slip it under the hose and run it around the neck without any damage like when you use a screwdriver. The short right angle makes it easy to get into tight spots. FWIW
Yep, handy tool Rob, makes a good heavy duty right angle pry tool, when you need something a bit tougher that the standard dental pick tool.
Not to mention they are great for cotter key removal.
These are made by Toledo just for the job. They call them radiator hose removal tools, or something similar, and are sold as a pair. They work really well.
I called a glass company to put a side window in a Cat hoe, and they used those to handle the rubber strip. I asked to see the tool, and they held them up for me but wouldn't let me touch them. I said "great idea using cotter pin pullers", company owner said "no, this is a Glaziers Gooseneck Tool, you have to order them from the glass company for $55 each. I issue one to each employee, if they lose it they have to buy it." I told him Sears sold them for $5 each as cotter pin pullers. he didn't believe me, so I got mine and they were identical, right down to the handle shape, except mine had Craftsman on it. I told him he could have mine so he could have a spare, but he said, no he was going to stop by Sears on the way to the shop and order 10 of them.
I wouldn't mind having a set of those
What a markup! I guess the glass company figures they have a captive audience.