Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hot engine oil

WMFSLLC ยท 2013-07-25 08:16

I have a case 9020B the engine oil temp is running one bar below the red line what should I look for?, the radiator and screen are clean

Replies5
  1. #1dozer122162013-07-27 22:11

    Does it have a oil cooler?? Perhaps damaged or colapsed hose?? Check operating temp of oil pan with a infared temp tester. Check cooling system also.

  2. #2mrinal2013-08-10 03:14

    PHP: I am attaching the probable causes of high engine oil temperature.

  3. #3wilko2013-08-10 09:30

    How is the coolant temp?

  4. #4John C.2013-08-10 18:01

    I don't recall a 9020B ever having an engine oil temperature gauge. They did have coolant temperature gauge and they usually went bad after a few thousand hours. The solution was to check temps with an infrared thermometer and then install an aftermarket gauge in the cab.

  5. #5mitch5042013-08-10 19:23

    Could it be a hydraulic oil temperature guage?