Hi I need to change the seals on the dipper ram because there I was having problems with it and i now need to put the ram back on but the seals arent going well. So if anyone could give me advice on how to change the seals on the dipper ram it would be great and pictures would be great if possible. I need to get this fixed asap so please reply asap Any kind of help appreciated Thanks
Which seals? The teflon piston rings? Have you gotten the piston nut off?
yeah the teflon piston rings and i got the piston nut off
Put them in boiling water for a bit to soften them up, then use round picks to work them onto the piston. If they're too big to go into the cylinder, use a piston ring compressor, or very carefully wrap thin aluminum around the ring and use a hose clamp to compress it. Let sit for a while, then release the compressor immediately before you put the piston in the cylinder.