Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hot saw disc

chuey ยท 2011-01-13 22:39

Anybody ever heard of ppl making a disc for a feller buncher hot saw with teeth on the bottom for mulching as well as cutting? Someone tried to tell me they make them but Ive never seen one or heard of one so I was jw

Replies4
  1. #1hvy 1ton2011-01-13 23:25

    Mastication discs. I think Risley will make them to fit other saws. Not sure what is involved in making one, but it will need to be well balanced. I defer to people who know what they are talking about for the details. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPR0FJg4_wk&feature=autoplay&list=ULQ_qOY_mhFuk&index=2&playnext=2

  2. #2DoubleBitTimber2011-01-14 20:18

    Loewen Equipment makes many of the full rotation wrists for OEM, so I would think their hotsaw mulchers would also be topnotch! http://www.loewenequip.com/Forestry.aspx

  3. #3hvy 1ton2011-01-15 17:34

    DoubleBit is right, it is Loewen and not Risley. I like how the opened up they left side of the saw. Anybody know if it would be possible to use an intermittent disc head for mastication? I think i saw a video of an intermittent quadco mulching, but i've never found it again.

  4. #4chuey2011-01-17 11:31

    Anybody have a close up picture of how the teeth are mounted on the disc? I was wondering if its possible to put the teeth on the bottom yourself.