Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough H-90 Loader Trans Fluid??

PAPS Landscape · 2007-12-08 17:42

hey guys... what kind of trans fluid should i be running in an old International-Hough IH90 loader??

Replies11
  1. #1zlssefi2007-12-08 21:37

    fluid I have a 74 h90E hough loader with teh 4 speed forward and 3 speed reverse trans. I run valvoline unitrac fluid, its basically a general purpose tractor transmission fluid, so far have had no problems. Right now i can hear the pump cavitating a little but i think the fluid is just low. What engine does your unit have in it?

  2. #2littlepiston2008-01-21 00:03

    tranny oil would i use the same oil for a h 40 payloader?

  3. #3alan627b2008-01-21 09:38

    Ask about it here.... http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/

  4. #4GEORGES2009-06-22 18:04

    HELLO, DOES ANYONE HAS INFORMATIONS FOR PROBLEMS WITH H90E ENGINE DVT573,WATER AND OIL MIXED THEM TOGETHER.COULD IT COME FROM OIL(engine)to WATER EXCHANGER? IS THERE ANY GASKETS TO REPLACE INSIDE? I BOUGHT AN H90E WITH THESE PROBLEMS,VERY CHEAP,IN FRANCE AND HERE THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL ENGINES...THANKS FOR INFOS,IT WILL BE GREAT

  5. #5zlssefi2009-06-22 23:06

    The only thing i can think of, is that you could have a cracked head, bad head gasket, cracked cylinder bore, or the engine oil cooler is leaking internally. Those would be the only places you may have water entering your oil...

  6. #6GEORGES2009-06-23 05:54

    Thanks for confirmation,i think it comes from theengine oil cooler who leaks internally. Is it a replacable part or a gasket? If you know how it4s made...

  7. #7zlssefi2009-06-23 06:47

    Im sure its replaceable, as far as gaskets inside im really not sure. I think your best bet would be to try and get a good used one with a gasket kit if they offer one and that should get you on the right track.

  8. #8GEORGES2009-06-23 08:05

    Yes, it will be a nice solution to find an exchanger,but in France where I live, there's NO engines anywhere...so the solution is a new one, or repair-rebuilt like a radiator.Gasket kits (head cylinder,cranckase...)are available by a part dealer,I will open and diagnostic exactly what happens this week end,cause i ve just bought it . Thank you very much for these information.

  9. #9Bigstevex42009-06-24 16:54

    pull the cooler have it psi checked parts for ih eng are rough to find an ag dealer is the best bet. the heavy eguipment side is a differant company years ago ih started selling kits to swap to cummins eng.

  10. #10GEORGES2009-06-26 17:10

    Yes, we will proof the cooler oil/water first, and after trying again. If it leaks again, we will open head cylinders.I've heard sometimes that this engine DVT 573 is not so good as Cummins,Detroit or Cat.Does someone knows the possibility of adaptation of a specifical type of engine? I ve seen a nice cummins 6cyl. Turbo of 300HP C804 or C808? will be nice inside this loader.

  11. #11GEORGES2009-07-08 17:27

    For Following operations, i proof the exchanger and he's good.So i must poen cylinder heads to see the gasket or any "cracking" and next proof if it's not a gasket around the bore base.It's a nice engine, but perhaps too small block for his power and direct injection. Does anyone knows exactly the power delivered by engine dvt-573-B ? I placed the injection pump at 25° of the opm. Is it right?