I recently rebuilt my entire brake system with the exception of the treadle valves. I now have an issue where if i use the right brake pedal, sometimes all of the air doesnt exhaust properly and locks the brakes. If i then use the left brake pedal it will apply the brakes, exhaust the air and release the brakes as needed. Does anyone know what would cause this problem? Thanks!
anyone???
I would check the simplest thing first. If it has a truck style treadle valve the pedal hinge might be rusty or packed with dirt, the valve roller rusted up or the valve piston itself is dirty and sticking especially it the boot is torn. We have one truck that does this every few months spraying some lube inside the boot fixes it until the next time.
I know this is a late reply but I would second Komatsu150's idea. I actually went to look at a side job for a local scrap dealer who wanted me to rebuild the transmission in a Cat loader said it would not move most of the time. I was checking it out and right off noticed how stiff the brake peddle was. Gave it a soaking with penetrating oil and worked it up and down for five minutes. Then took loader for a couple laps around the yard. Owner could not believe how fast I had it fixed. I think I made $50.00 or more in just five minutes that day. I just checked your original post and noticed you only have this problem when using the right brake. The reason the left works right is because 90% of the time operators only use the left peddle so the right one is sticking from lack of use. If you have not already noticed the left peddle besides working the brakes also shifts the transmission in to neutral. The right one only works the brakes.
Can anyone tell me what type and part number a Hough65C Left Brake Treadle would be? Mine is missing. Thanks
You might want to Google this company as they have locations all over but you can call these guys because they know the older machines and you don't feel like you are putting them out that you are not calling to order a new $150,000.00 machine. They are very helpful and knowledgeable and maybe they have a shop nearer you. Invent_4U Here is the contact info for you Roland Macinery Co. 604 Stockley Rd. DeForrest WI Call: 1-608-842-4151 and ask for Dennis Tofte
If the H-65C is anything like the bigger,H-100, H-120 loaders, both treadle would be the same.
i work on a h100c and both valves are the same, we replaced both with new ones from local shop. (air brake inc.) i believe, i can't seem to find any rebuildable wheel cyl,s anywhere. had local komatsu dealer try to order them, no longer available, found 1 seal kit in some outher country, if anyone nows of any please give me a pm or post.
Would you have a picture of one of these cylinders? I know a guy in heavy duty brakes in Syracuse NY who if anyone can locate something he can. Better than a picture would be if you knew the make and part number from the brake company. It's been years but I'm thinking these were Wagner brakes? This might be a little off the wall but I know that the antique car people bore and sleeve wheel cylinders when replacement parts are no longer available. If the cups for the pistons are still available this would be an option. I think I'd be looking for some old retired machinist who still plays with his lathe in the basement!