Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough H100C, what engine does it have and what parts I can salvage

ichudov ยท 2014-10-17 22:23

I bought this at auction. While it is supposedly running, I highly doubt that anyone would want it as a working unit, so I am looking to partout and scrap. Here are some pictures: http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hough-H100C/ My first question is, can anyone identify the engine? I think that it has a IH logo, but I can be mistaken. Second, what parts would be worth salvaging? Bucket? Engine? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-10-18 08:26

    If you get me some #'s off the name plate on the injection pump, I can tell you exactly what engine it is.. 10 digit #.. starts with 0 or 9..

  2. #2ichudov2014-10-18 08:35

    Hello, what I have with me right now is the number off the casting of the engine: 670197 c2

  3. #3oarwhat2014-10-18 08:49

    In Buffalo NY someone would move snow with it

  4. #4ichudov2014-10-18 09:06

    I am near Chicago. Do you think that anyone may be interested in it for usable for at least $7k, assuming it works?

  5. #5oarwhat2014-10-18 09:16

    Tough to say lots of loaders here. I think shipping would kill the deal. Get it running and put it on craigslist.

  6. #6kshansen2014-10-18 09:17

    That would be a DT-817 IH engine with a Robert Bosch fuel pump.

  7. #7kshansen2014-10-18 09:22

    Either that or some small private quarry or gravel bed. A year or so ago we sold a 550 Dresser, just a newer version of this machine small father and son operation in Rhinebeck NY was very happy to get that one, they love the old IH/Dressers. Where is this one located?

  8. #8ichudov2014-10-18 09:25

    Thank you!!! Is that engine worth salvaging if it runs?