Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough International H30G Payloader

BillHoughH30G ยท 2020-02-09 21:20

Has 6 cyl. Turbo diesel (I think) No idea about it beyond that. Looking for repair manual, schematics, year, any info for this tractor... What does the G mean in H30-G? Please help...

Replies8
  1. #1cuttin edge2020-02-10 11:32

    most manufacturers use the letter to denote the series. Cat is into M series loaders, Volvo is into H and so on

  2. #2kshansen2020-02-10 15:53

    Never payed with the little Hough/Internationals but if they did things the same on them look at the frame in the area I put the red arrow. That is where all the big machines had the S/N stamped. G probably means it was the next version after the F!

  3. #3BillHoughH30G2020-02-10 21:33

    I found this

  4. #4BillHoughH30G2020-02-11 08:34

    Was hoping to find a manual...and to know if the H30G is the same as H30B....since its easier to find stuff for the B

  5. #5kshansen2020-02-11 10:19

    Ok, have to ask where you got the "G" ? Is it marked on the machine or did someone tell you it was a "G"? Could someone have mis-spoke or mis-typed as "G" sounds very close to "B" and the keys are close on the keyboard! Reason I ask is doing a search using the 10BH part of the serial number I find this: Not sure what the 11AH prefix is, could be a machine sold or built in a different country, but your machine being a 2746 looks like it was built in 1965. Also no where on the page does it show a H30 G being used: http://www.dozerpartswarehouse.com/page/420251932 I'd be tempted if a manual can be found for a "B" at a good price and preferably a genuine Hough manual check and see if it gives a serial number range it is good for and buy that one. It's not like there are any fancy electronics on a Hough of that vintage and I'm sure someone on this forum can help you with any problems that arise. Did a little more digging and a name popped up "hardtail" on Red Power Magazine web site, seems to be into old Hough Dresser equipment. Might be worth trying to contact him, try here: https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/profile/724-hardtail/ Saw his name first here and noticed that in one of the lists of books was "H30B (P) (G)" first time I saw a "G" with the H30 B model. https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/47294-ih-manuals/ Just a thought of top of head could the "G" mean that the original engine was a gas engine and what is in there now was a repower to the diesel? From the color it does not look original! I mean we are talking of a machine that is over half a century old so to think it was still as it left the factory would be a bit of a stretch! Let me know what you find out!

  6. #6BillHoughH30G2020-02-11 10:24

    Hand written in battery compartment and stamped on plate next to steering G That's why its confusing

  7. #7BillHoughH30G2020-02-11 10:24

    I can take photo after work

  8. #8BillHoughH30G2020-02-11 10:31

    The reason why I'm looking for a manual is to understand why the the wheels turn when it starts up.