Bought this rig from a local machine dealer last year. Model tear 2006. It had almost 1,400 hours on it with a price tag of $19k. Seemed like a fair deal at the time. It had cosmetic and track wear clearly from the gravel pit the owner said it came from but performed like a bulldog. Anyway, after about 200 hours of use the digital hour meter reset to ZERO. I didn't do anything to it. Was just working the ranch when it reset one afternoon. Has anyone had anything similar happen to their machine? Is there a memory in the ECU that keeps track of the true hours? I'm thinking the dealer conned me and knew it had this issue...makes me a bit angry. That's why I avoid them usually. Being the price was cheaper than market. This machine could have 2,800 hours or more if it reset twice at 1,400 hours. Would make sense too because it didn't look like a 1,350 hour machine, more like a 3,000+ hour machine.
i had it happen to another brand.... just once.... customer finally wanted it fixed, controller for that was machine was well over $1000... :drinkup
Id be curious if there was a way to find the exact hours .MMMMM
what i ended up doing was going into stored fault codes, and pulling up the last known meter reading, then added the hrs that had elapsed since it reset itself. i'm pretty sure i was within 50 or so hrs with my esta-guess... but, this wasn't a new holland. every OEM has their own proprietary software, that is available to dealers only. without the OEM software, and a dealership's mechanic, you're kinda SOL. :drinkup
Gotcha. I've got the last hours within 10 hours. Just a poison in the neck to explain if I ever want to sell it. Thanks much!
I can't stand the suspense . How many Hours are on it .