Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hourly rate

southernman13 ยท 2013-12-04 19:31

Any idea on an hourly rate to grub out some pine tree stumps in southern Georgia. This is with a D31P LGP size dozer. They're about 8-10" across and prob 3years old. Also an idea of how long it would take. These were harvested planted pines. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1kevin37b2013-12-10 12:56

    Pines are easy ,2 yanks you are done . How many ? Is that a small Komatsu ? You gonna bury or haul off ? Need more info . Iwould go with 100 an hour .

  2. #2southernman132013-12-10 13:20

    About 5 acres of pines, yes the dozer is about the size of a cat d3 it's lgp 70 Hp. Wasnt sure how long it would take. I can push in a pile and burn or push onto a ditch and let em rot. I have a rc 100 skid steer with grapple to help with if I need to. Mostly concerned with how long it would take to grub em all out with the dozer.

  3. #3alaskaforby42013-12-10 14:18

    About 5 acres of pines with a D31!! If you burn them an excavator would be highly valuable to keep the fire going and to shake the stumps off and to pull them out for that matter. Pushing them into a ditch would be nice unless you have to push across the entire 5 acres then it would take....forever. Figure out how long it takes to pull a stump and move it to a burn pile or a ditch, then get an idea of how many of them are in a 100 x 100 area or so and multiply it by the total area you need cleared and it will give you a idea of how long it would take.

  4. #4southernman132013-12-10 14:23

    Pine stumps, just wanted to clarify.3 yr old stumps. Wish I had an excavator but not at this time I'd don't. I can shake em and move em pretty quick with the rc100

  5. #5DMiller2013-12-10 14:25

    Local excavating service gets $150/hr for machine, additional tag on for fuel surcharge but for a large machine capable of delivering the work in short order. Had a road cut in prior to buying my own loader, was $2200 for slot doze to set rock 550 feet 12 feet wide, stockpiled topsoil at the end of a field.

  6. #6D6 Bo2013-12-10 16:12

    I have about 30 acres of 3 and 4 year old pine stumps 6" to 10" and many of them are rotten enough to kick over. I plan to clip the area with a pasture clipper. Southerman, have you checked to see how sound they are? D6 Bo

  7. #7southernman132013-12-10 21:40

    Not really. I kicked one of em and it was rotten but that's not always a good indicator of the rest. One good thing if I cando it soon they should be easier due to the amount of rain the last few weeks. That clay is either like concrete or puddin, right now it's like puddin!